The Hood is Still Giving Rise to New Dynasties
Meet: the A$AP Mob: (clockwise from bottom left) A$AP Rocky, Illz, Bari, Yams, Ant, Twelvyy, Nast, and Ferg
Their World: Though the crew are climbing the hip-hop heap, they haven’t forgotten where they’re from. “Harlem has always been known for its swagger and pizzazz,” says Rocky, perched here at the Apollo. “I get my high-end look downtown, but my street style comes from uptown.”
What you can Learn from the A$AP Mob’s Style: When you’re the hottest crew in Harlem, you don’t need a tie.
Clockwise from bottom left:
1. Suit, $2,650 by Balenciaga, hoodie, $178 by Billionaire Boys Club, tank top, $78 by Shades of Grey by Micah Cohen, checkered sneakers by Vans, ring: his own
2. Suit, $2,8353 by Gucci, sweatshirt, $165 by Opening Ceremony, white shirt, $305 by Thom Browne New York, pocket square by The Tie Bar, ring by David Yurman, bracelet: his own.
3. Suit, $425 by Banana Republic, rugby shirt, $178 by Billionaire Boys Club, bright blue high-tops by Del Toro
4. Suit, $585 by DKNY, polo shirt, $645 by Dsquared2, bracelet by David Yurman
5. Suit, $3,495 by Giorgio Armani, tank top, $168 by Mark McNairy New Amsterdam, pocket square by Hav-A-Hank, vintage sunglasses and necklace: his own
6. Suit, $456 by J.Crew, polo shirt, $225 by Fred Perry Laurel Wreath, pocket square by The Tie Bar
7. Suit, $6,600 by Brioni, t-shirt, $955 by Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, hat by Cervo at JJ Hat Center, necklace and bracelets by David Yurman, red sneakers by Adidas Originals, socks by Falke
8. Suit, $995 by Boss, t-shirt, $92 by Bellerose, hat by Borsalino at JJ Hat Center, pocket square (bandanna) by Kaufman’s Army & Navy, ring and bracelet by David Yurman, necklace: his own